Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Real Self Help Guru - YOU!


A very wise women came to my house today. I have been working with Gaz for years now in my quest to ‘distil’ the ‘meaning of life,’ for want of a better phrase.

She reminded me of an often forgotten fact. Everything we need to know is all around us all the time. Your whole life is one giant self development seminar, and you are the ultimate Guru. Seriously who knows more about you than you. So why do we defer our power to others out side ourselves?

The reason is because we don’t trust ourselves, and we don't really want to know the truth!

Our bodies have the most amazing and profoundly accurate system for getting us completely congruent and into the flow of life, without the aid of a single self help book. It’s called ‘PAIN’!

Every time we feel pain, fear, hurt, anger, indignation, worry, criticism and all those other ‘negative’ emotions that throw us out of whack, it’s like a great big hazard warning light going off in your head.

BEEP BEEP – LOOK – HERE – LOOK – HERE – THIS IS WHERE IM UNBALANCED!!!!!!

The amount of pain or discomfort you feel is directly proportional to the distance your life is, (at that moment), from the one your true core is trying to focus you on living.

This is very much the reason we took the leap and started the Life Change Experiment. To address our pains front on and realign our actions with a more natural flow!

Unfortunately most of us run the other way when we sense some form of discomfort!
How well do you think your car would run if every time the brake light went on you drank a bottle of wine and burried your head in work, cursing the stupid warning light for being rude!

Yet that’s exactly what we tend to do when we are confronted with problems in the real world – Blame the symptom rather than the cause, as Frankenfurter so aptly pointed out in Rocky Horror. The truth is! Your pain Your Problem!

After all if you looked in a mirror and saw a mark on your face you would be mad to try and rub it off the mirror right!

So my mission today is to START NOTICING! What ‘gets my goat’, frightens me, worries me, annoys me, angers me!! What am I criticizing, dismissing, disliking, avoiding, begrudging etc

What do I see in ME that makes me reacts like that to them! And how might that incongruence be affecting my quality of life in other areas

The world is one big life change seminar if you care to learn the lessons – You are your own guru, with everything and everyone around you reflecting little pieces of who you really are ,(or are not) being, like it or not!

It’s our choice to blame the mirror or address the mark where it is. ON US!

Thankfully now we have you guys as wonderful additional mirrors on our journey. I hope we can return the favour here in our own little way :-)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for post. It’s really imformative stuff.
    I really like to read.Hope to learn a lot and have a nice experience here! my best regards guys!
    --
    rockstarbabu
    --

    seo--seo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is "synchronicity..." what you have just written really reflects where I am at within myself today... its nice reading things like this, especially when it seems the universe is conspiring to get me to listen by giving me such signs... its just really nice to know there are people out there on the same path experiencing similar things.

    Thanks again!

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!!!
    U's r GURU's 2 me.
    Thankfully we now have U's!!!
    Thankx again.
    your Grasshopper,Mace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Useful on Self Help.

    Thanks,
    karim - Positive thinking

    ReplyDelete