Wednesday, August 26, 2009

LIKE YOU MEAN IT!


I LOVE THIS STORY!

A student of a wise master asked him one day, “Master when will you teach me about enlightenment”, and the master said, “Tomorrow when your ready.”

The next day the student asked the same thing and the master replied, “Tomorrow when you are ready.”

This happened for a number of years – Finally the student was fed up and said, “Master I want to know about enlightenment NOW”

So the master takes him down to the water and says hold your breath and put your head under water. The student complies.

As he holds his breath the student waits for the answers he has been seeking.

Slowly his air runs our and still no enlightenment so he starts for the surface only to find his master holding his head underwater.

Panicking now he struggles and tries to reach the surface, but to no avail. His lungs are bursting and every part of his body is screaming for air.

Suddenly the master releases his student and he burst into the air taking an almighty life giving breath.

“What are you doing?, are you crazy”? The student said, “You nearly drowned me”.

When you want enlightenment as much as you want that breath you are ready for me to teach your! Said the wise master.
-----------------------
I think about this story everyday. It’s a great reminder that no matter how much I think I'm tring I am never as fully committed to it as I would be to my last breath.
Yet that power resides inside us at anytime we want to apply it.

How easy would your life change be if you acted like your life depended on it!

3 comments:

  1. WoW again!
    I cant wait 4 tmorowz BLOG!!!
    thanku SIFU...'s
    from grasshopper Mace:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so inspired by everything you've posted thus far. Letting go and letting the universe make decisions for our family was what gave us our precious son!
    Thank you for inspiring me every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular blog has me gasping for air just thinking about it! I second the comment above, we can't wait for the next blog tomorrow. You have a profound way of making everything negative just wash off of us. We have made a request, but even if you don't choose us, I know whomever you choose, will ultimately be very deserving. We did the same thing that you are doing now in November, 2008. We got rid of EVERYTHING in British Columbia, Canada, and arrived in a foreign country with 4 bags of clothes, and nothing but a severe desire for adventure and mystery. We applaud what you are doing, and are so excited for everyone that will benefit from your kindness. We would love to share our passion for wine with you, if you make it down to South Australia. Hope to see you in McLaren Vale!!

    Brenda, Wes, Brice and Tanner Pearson

    ReplyDelete