Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Mate With A Mission



Today a very dear old mate Amir came around with his lovely girl Pamela . I think they wanted to see if we had gone nuts.

Finding us in fine form, i was reminded that it was Amir that taught me one of the most profound things i have ever learnt.

There are only ever 2 questions you need ever ask about any decision in your life.

Am i doing this out of FEAR

Am i doing this out of LOVE


Fear of failure, humiliation, pain, the future, the past, loneliness, loss, hurt, lack, not fitting in, opinions, success, responsibility, inadequacy, exposure, judgement……. The list is endless.

I used to love arguing with Amir about this. I thought it was over simplistic and kinda schlocky haha

Not so long ago it dawned on me, with a painful THUD, that it was my fear of what this profound statement would reveal about the choices I had made in my life, that saw me running a mile from it.

In the cold hard light of this question I realised most of my choices were motivated by fears of one sort or another.

Now I try and start every decision with the question – Am I doing this out of fear or love! It is one of the most powerful tools I have ever come across to guide you right back into flow!

Amir runs a fantastic course caller ‘The quest for truth’ I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god, that's so deep and so simple... and so obvious. Thanks so much for the reminder!
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reading this, I feel fear and happiness.
    This is so true, of so many of our lives.
    I too will take these two questions forward with me in my life, and try to bring myself and guide my loved ones back to the true flow of a life that brings us all happiness.
    Thanks Geoff for sharing Amirs words, so that I and others may learn to live again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very simple approach to life if only every one could use this way of thinking, imagine how much happier everyone would be.
    I know that I will use and pass on to the people I love, this way of thinking.
    Thankyou for the lesson in life.

    ReplyDelete