Saturday, August 15, 2009

G - Whats so important




The more im out of my old life the more i wonder what on earth i thought I was doing.

One of the coolest things I have discovered is the clarity and insights that come from ‘letting go’. Decisions seem easier to make and answers don’t require 2 bottles of red to coax out of my fuzzy thick skull.

I almost feel foolish at the things that i let define me and stress me out. You know! Like ‘important stuff. .. Stuff I have GOT TO do……NOW!! Stuff like…..ummmm ……Well it was important at the time, else I wouldn’t have had to do it… RIGHT!!

If you had asked me then, i would have defend these things, and my need to let them dictate the terms of my life, to the death (literally, perhaps in some peoples cases)

But suddenly it’s like someone turned the lights on in a dark night club just as the beer goggles subside............ "Damn did I really stay up all night trying to impress these people!!... What was I thinking’, as you leave sheepishly out the back door wishing you’d thought of it before you lost most of your hair ‘trying’!

Well as i step out of the club of 'Social expectations' that i spent most of my life trying to be 'someone' in, I am discovering there is a whole world of other people outside the club I had never really noticed before.

Some of you have emailed us and told us your amazing stories of letting go and change, and they are truly inspirational.
I now wonder WHY so many people are cuing to get their 15 minutes in the club, when the freedom it promises is a laugh and there is a whole life to be had in the sunshine outside!!

G = Geoff's blogging B = Bessie blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment