Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Overlooking my Life so far


This was sent to me in one of the many fantastic emails we have recieved, and i thought it was well worth pasing on - Its from a cartoon called 'Overlooking my life so far'.........



"In my life I had accumulated many things in my head - too many things.

Memories, tunes, facts, fears, visions, loves, etc., etc.

As many as possible. In a fertile mind, such things will interbreed. Mongrel visions are born; hybrid memories; inbred memories, idiot love. It gets very confusing!


I decided it was time for a good clean-up, so I emptied all this out of my head and pushed it into a big heap to sort it out. There is was - everything that was me, all in a big jumbled heap. I walked around it. What a mess!


Then suddenly I saw it in silhouette and realised what it was. It was a heap. A simple heap. You don't sort it out, you climb it. You climb it because it is there. Excitedly I clambered to the summit and raised a flag. I was now looking beyond everything that I knew. The view was simply magnificent."

No comments:

Post a Comment