Sunday, August 16, 2009

CHANGING YOUR MIND IS OK



Another thing I have noticed is I am slowly learning to stop myself from judging when I ‘change my mind’.

I think we are all brought up to believe we are supposed to stick to something. Have our beliefs, defend them to the death. Don’t be a flake. Have an opinion. The recent American attitude has epitomised this. Appear to be ‘strong’ resolute un waving in your attitudes!

The more I reflect the more I realise that this is the hook that claws us back when we really want change.
“If I am seen to change my mind I’ll be viewed as less reliable, uncertain, flaky, weak minded etc.

Its simpler to do whatever it takes to stick to our guns. Pills, alcohol, Self loathing, judgement on others, work like a demon, get high, bury your head!
Just don’t acknowledge what your heart has been telling you all along:-

“Stop! Change directions!- This aint it”!!

This experiment is about finding ‘the flow.’ The path of least resistance. We forget that while water changes its course every second it gets exactly where it’s going in the shortest possible time. There is nothing soft or week about water and yet we are not willing to apply this mighty forces most basic lesson to our own lives!

So my new stance is to accept everything today and allow each new moment to mould new conclusions. Sometimes I will ‘appear’ to be right and sometimes I will ‘appear’ to be wrong,

But Lets face it, if Vegas let you move the chips on a roulette board right up until the ball sat firmly in the slot do you think you’d worry about the wrong numbers you put it on in the beginning.


G

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite antidotes is "If you want to make God laugh - make a plan!" From someone who has lived her entire life just going with the flow, I completely relate to the fact that we must be flexible in our opinions of how life is and how must feel while experiencing it. Life is not meant to live up to our expectations, we are meant to live up to it. In other words we are here to learn and grow and evolve as souls and the only way we can possible do that is through change. We have to be able to change how we think and feel in order to evolve otherwise stagnation sets in. It is one of the greatest challenges for most humans to admit that the way the feel about something has changed because they feel that it makes them wrong for believing things differently in the first place. Paradoxically the only way to become enlightened in oneself is to always be changing your opinions, beliefs and attitudes. It is a measure of spiritual maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your idea!! I too feel the same.. but just havent got to the step where you two are.. I wish you both all the very best!

    Look fwd to reading more!!

    ReplyDelete