Monday, September 14, 2009

A BREATH of Fresh air ONE step at a time


It is a VERY surreal feeling. Sitting here today with little more than the clothes on my back as possessions. I feel so incredibly FREE for the first time in years. I feel almost ELATED!!......... WE DID IT!!

This crazy, stupid, irresponsible, wonderful, enlightening, thing! My god it was a trial, but stage one is over and I REALLY AM sitting here a changed person. With a spring in my step and lightness in my heart like I have not experienced since I was a teenager.

The world is truly our Oyster! And we are open, ready and inspired to go on the journey the universe had planned for us from the beginning. The very journey we had been fighting against for the last 20 years, simply because WE KNEW BETTER. We could plan and control better. We knew what we REALLY wanted!.... Didn’t we?

Of course now I look back and realise just how little I actually did control, other than perhaps the stubbornness to not let go of the dreams of my ego, and the self deprecating voice reminding me I was useless and should not venture too far out of my box.

But today – Free of everything I allowed to define me, I don’t feel in the slightest bit ‘without’. I don’t feel poor, or less. In fact im watching commercials on TV now and seeing dust, rust and debt rather than a sparkling new product that will make my life all I hoped it would be!

I looked out the window yesterday and realized all the beauty and the sunshine, the roads, the trees, the conversation, the beaches, the experiences were 100% FREE – So I set about talking to people I wouldn’t normally stop and talk to and that opened my eyes to new possibilities. Possibilities I would NEVER have seen with my head down and bum up in my old ivory rut!

ONE STEP

My sister has been here for the past few days and we were talking about how hard it is to do things when we can only see objections and barriers to the journey.

I pointed to a large highly wooded hill and said ‘If someone said lets go to the top of that hill, from here you would say It’s impossible. To steep and thickly wooded, I can’t see any paths and it looks so far away.

But if we simply concentrated on the part we COULD SEE, by putting our shoes on and stepping out the door in the general direction, we would find after a short time that the woods weren’t so thick. The hill not so steep and the fact there is even a perfect little path helping us wind our way up to the summit.

From where we sat complaining about the impossibility of it all, none of these aids and ‘opportunities’ existed in the world we perceived.

It was a perfect example of how we felt before we were ready to put on our shoes and step out on this Experiment. However just like the little path that appeared we have had more opportunities open up in the last 2 weeks than I ever could have ever existed.

The lesson in this for me is NEVER EVER judge your ability to ‘walk a path’ any further than the next step in front of you.

STOP trying to predict what will happen on the way to the top – YOU HAVE NO IDEA. The universe doesn’t need you to work out all the solutions, plan the whole route and solve all the difficulties you may (or may not) come across on the way.

It takes care of all that for you when you get there!. You just have to put one foot in front of the other TODAY ! So why do we make it so complicated!

P.s Can you guys remind us of this next time we fall to pieces haha

1 comment:

  1. That's the idea, let life be your guide. Talking with strangers gives new direction. I for one am most excited for you guys. My first travels were with a back pack and a friendly attiude. Works a treat. C. Faye

    ReplyDelete